Friday, July 4, 2008

Annoying Habits - #1

Apparently it is a good thing to acknowledge your flaws, so some arm chair psychologist friends of mine suggest anyway.

Well, one of my flaws that is really frustrating me at the moment is my knack of getting myself into debates, usually in online forums, on topics I either know very little about or are not that interested in.

Somehow I have this ability, some might even say superpower, of seeking out threads that will very soon become heated then diving in headfirst to deposit my two cents directly into the piggy bank of the most volatile and knowledgeable poster of the opposite opinion, who then proceeds to latch on to me leech-like and drain my strength through a series of increasingly intense and confusing arguments.

So, do I calmly leave the thread to pursue avenues more suited to my tastes? Do I hell. Some unknown force keeps me lashed to the thread like a dying horse, so that I can get repeatedly flogged by posts that I don't agree with but lack the resolve and resources to properly counter.

Some small voice in the back of my mind keeps warning me about these threads, yet five minutes after hearing it there I am creating what I believe to be a relatively innocuous if not enlightening post that in reality turns out to be heat seeking missile of aggravation.

Perhaps only the Power of Grayskull can save me from this self destructive habit, that would be cool...

No comments: